Sunday 2 November 2014

Trader Joe's Cookie Butter



The first time I heard about this gem was a year or two ago when I read about it on a blog. Unfortunately there isn't a Trader Joe's in the UK, and nowhere else in the UK sells it so my desire to try it went unsatisfied. That is until about a month ago when my sister brought me back a jar of the original Cookie Butter. She said there was also a chocolate version which she had considered buying but I'm glad she didn't as I wanted to try the original.  

When I first tried the Cookie Butter I didn't want to stop eating it! Honestly, it tasted wonderful, sort of like crushed gingerbread biscuits with a hint of toffee (that's my idea of what it tastes like, people might get hints of other flavours in it which I've missed).





So far I've tried the Cookie Butter on toast and on pancakes and both times the results have been delicious! When I first got the Cookie Butter I considered eating it with apples (I had read that one of the ways to eat it was as a dip for apples) but I've yet to try this option... Another way I would eat the Cookie Butter is as a sauce for ice cream (sort of like a toffee sauce).

I've already eaten about half of the jar so I'm trying not to eat it as often because once it's finished that's it, until I can go to America myself or get someone to bring it for me again.

If you live in America and have a Trader Joe's near you definitely try the Cookie Butter! :)

Post written by Nabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment