Monday 10 November 2014

Friday Deal at Jaffna House

I went to Jaffna House on a Friday night with a friend a couple of months ago and I really should have written about the meal I had once I got home or at least the next day. Unfortunately things got in the way which meant that I've left this post quite late, forgetting a few details along the way such as the price! I'm sure it was between £4 and £5 which was very reasonable considering how many dishes this deal contains as well as the large portion of rice! (The price may have gone up since).

I really liked the potato curry which is the second one from the right at the top, it was definitely my favourite. The other dishes included are aubergine curry, fried cabbage, daal (lentils) and spinach curry. I can't remember what the dish on the top right hand corner is. 






The donut shaped snack in the above photo is called a Vadai, it's made of daal, onions and chilli. It tasted nice except I found it a little dry. If you're going to Jaffna House for a meal and don't go for this deal you should try the Thair Vadai where the Vadai is soaked in yogurt (this will make it less dry). Unfortunately with this deal you can't choose and you get the original Vadai (I guess you could soak it in one of the curries, maybe I should have done that!)

Anyway I hope to go back to Jaffna House soon to either get this deal again or try something new. And I'll hopefully be able to write a more detailed post (apologies for the lack of detail in this post).

Written by Nabs.

Atmosphere- 8/10
Service- 8/10
Food- 8/10


Chocolatesushi Rating- 8/10

Jaffna House on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment