Sunday 9 November 2014

Coke Float

Nabs here :)

I've been feeling really nostalgic lately, finding myself constantly wishing I could go back to my school days when the biggest worry in my life was making sure I got my homework done on time. As a result of this ongoing feeling of nostalgia I've been watching a lot of 90's shows which is my version of going back in time; Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Blossom (both of which are on YouTube) and Goosebumps have been at the top of my list. I also watched the 1995 film Now and Then earlier this week and in one scene the group of friends in the film are sitting in a cafe where they order Coke Floats. A coke float is basically vanilla ice cream in coca-cola, simple but yummy! Coke Floats can also be made with whipped cream instead of ice cream, I'm going to try this recipe one day!

The coke float was created in the late 19th century but everytime I think of a coke float I imagine a 1950's diner with the jukebox playing. I had a coke float once at Ed's Diner which for me was the perfect setting with 1950's music playing in the background. 

So naturally I've been craving a coke float all week and I thought about going to Ed's Diner or Afters (they do a version with a flake on top) but in the end decided to save some money and make my own at home. All I needed was some coca-cola and vanilla ice cream. Pics to follow :)


An extra big bottle!
I needed cheering up last night so I made myself a Coke Float and what a treat it was! Perfectly delicious, it tasted like a really nice vanilla coke, I'll certainly be having another two or three glasses today!

I put 3 scoops of ice cream into the glass, poured in coca-cola, mixed the ice cream and coke together and voila there you have it: a coke float



Sorry I've posted so many photos of the same thing, I like to think they're from different angles...I think I have a Coca-Cola glass somewhere so hopefully next time I'll be able to make it using that glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment