Saturday 15 November 2014

Chocolate Cornflake Cakes

I wanted to bake something this afternoon but wasn't in the mood for anything complicated so decided to make Chocolate Cornflake Cakes. What could be simpler?! I love these, they taste so good I can usually eat 2 or 3 in one go. This is a brilliant recipe for children to make with their parents as it's safe (no oven involved), easy and quick to make and very tasty!

I used around 3/4 of a belgian chocolate bar and a whole Terry's Chocolate Orange Popping Candy ball. I could hear the chocolate going pop as it was melting in the microwave.



Breaking the chocolate into little pieces I melted it in the microwave for around 1 minute. You can also melt chocolate by placing the bowl over a pan of hot water but I find melting in the microwave is a lot quicker.




Once the chocolate was melted I added in the cornflakes and mixed both chocolate and cornflakes together.


I then added the mixture as evenly as I could into cake cases.

It took me less than half an hour to make the cornflake cakes. I've put them in the fridge for an hour or so. I can't wait to eat them!

Post written by Nabs

No comments:

Post a Comment