Tuesday 4 November 2014

A first attempt at making Banana Cake

Nabs here :)

The first time I tried Banana Bread was at work when a colleague brought some in. It was absolutely delicious and I couldn't wait to try and make it myself. 

I haven't baked in a while and so today I decided to make some Banana Bread. I used this BBC Food recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bananabread_85720

 I think I may have added a bit too much ingredients (I really need a proper measuring set!) and possibly didn't leave the bread in the oven long enough. (I put it back in the oven for another 10,15 minutes after taking the photos that follow).

The recipe listed buttermilk as one of the ingredients and if you don't have that then normal milk mixed with lemon juice or vinegar. I used normal milk but forgot to mix in lemon juice and had to add in a splash after I'd added the milk.

All in all it has turned out okay for my first time making it, I've eaten a slice and it tastes quite nice. It tasted a lot better after I left it in the oven to bake for a little longer. It hasn't quite turned out like the one in the picture (check out the BBC link to the recipe at the top) but practice makes perfect and hopefully next time it will turn out better.





No comments:

Post a Comment