Friday 2 June 2017

Banging Biang Biang Noodles at Xi'an Impression

Another day, another day of food :D Sammii here, I must apologise again as I actually went to this place a year ago, but the case of the lazy blogger got the better of me. This restaurant is located just opposite the Arsenal stadium. When I saw a picture of the thick biang biang noodles I just had to go! There's nothing better than freshly made thick noodles. Just thinking about the noodles now over a year later is making me relive the moment I was slurping on them noodles. ahhh.. sorry.. Getting carried away again. 

So this restaurant is pretty small in that it only seats around 20 people, it was pretty packed out when my friend and I got there for dinner on a weekday. 

First up we ordered...
Boneless Chicken in Vinegar Sauce £6.50
This dish was sooo good! The sauce was really what made this dish, and even my friend asked the waiter after we had finished our meal if she could buy a bottle of this sauce, unfortuately the sauce was not for sale. We were dipping all the other dishes in this sauce it was that good! The dish was quite spicy and the chicken was a good texture. I would recommend this dish!
Xi'an Beef Burger With Special Sauce £3.80
This burger was quite nice although it was quite stodgey and I would have preferred it to be more hot when it came out- I wouldn't get this again. 
Xi'an Rice Noodle in Traditional Sauce £5.8
This was a cold dish, which was very refreshing with all of the other spicy hot dishes we had ordered, although this was spicy as well, it felt like a cold salad spicy salad. Have you noticed they haven't been very specific with the 'sauce' they have on their dishes? It is key! And must be a very secret recipe.. *drools*

Ok now time for the show stopper (which is not dessert this time!)
Xi'an Biangbiang Noodles in Special Chilli Sauce With Chunky Beef £10.80
This was highly recommended on their menu, and I can totally see why! The noodles were hand pulled in store and the were such a type of chewy slurpy goodness, the type that sends you slurping away to the other end of the noodles which ends with the place (or man ;) ) of your dreams. The noodles were very filling, and we didn't actually need to order all the dishes that we had.

I loved my trip to Xi'an Impression, their food is perfect for a cold day. The noodles were totally to die for!


Atmosphere- 5/10
Service- 5/10
Food- 9/10

Chocolate Sushi Rating- 8/10
Xi'an Impression Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment