Monday 12 August 2013

Dessert at Afters

Today I decided to treat myself and went to Afters in Tooting with a friend. Afters is an ice cream and dessert parlour and I have been a fan ever since it first opened but I've not blogged about it at all! Luckily I've kept pictures of nearly all the desserts I've tried there so I thought I would do one big blog which will look at all of those desserts.

 What you see as you walk into Afters: ice cream in the refrigerator on the left side and the seating area on the right side, which you can just about make out from this picture. Afters also have an outside seating area which they open during the summer and when it gets really busy, but unfortunately I wasn't able to take a picture of this.
The Seating Area - comfy pink chairs!!
 As you can tell from the above pictures there is a definite pink theme going on here: pink chairs, pink walls!!

Now onto the desserts!
What me and my friend had today:

Smartie Pants
Banana Split
I ordered the Smartie Pants sundae and my friend ordered the Banana Split. 

The Smartie Pants sundae contained a scoop of strawberry ice cream, m&m's, skittles, 100s & 1000s as well as chocolate and strawberry sauce, it was like a rainbow of colours in the ice cream glass. The picture just doesn't do it justice!

The first spoonful I tasted was an explosion of different flavours, a mixture of strawberry ice cream, softly whipped ice cream and chewy skittles! By the time I got to the bottom of the glass where the 100s & 1000s were I was really full but I couldn't resist a spoonful or two of melted ice cream and 100s & 1000s. Mmm!!  


Desserts that I've tried in the past:

Cakes

Strawberry Cheesecake
Oreo Cheesecake
Fudge Cake
Cake and Custard
Apple Crumble with custard

 Waffles

Waffles with whipped cream, marshmallows and a flake
Waffles with white chocolate sauce, ice cream and a flake

 Milkshakes and Juices

Kinder Bueno Milkshake no1 with whipped cream
Kinder Bueno milkshake no2 with whipped cream and marshmallows
Strawberry Sunset Juice

Cold Stone

Cookie Love

Sundaes

King Ferrero
Mr Whippy
Waffler
Minty Magic
Strawberry Surprise
Brownie Point no1

Brownie Point no2
Knickerbocker Glory

As you can see from the above pictures I am a regular customer at Afters, going there everytime I need my dessert fix. There are other desserts I've tried that I unfortunately don't have pictures of. These include the traditional Falooda, which is a cold drink made with rose syrup, vermicelli, tapioca or basil seeds, milk, jelly and ice cream.

I have tried so many different desserts at Afters that I wouldn't know where to start if you asked me what my favourite one is but if you're visiting Afters for the first time I recommend trying one of their sundaes! If you want something fruity try their Knickerbocker Glory or for something which has more chocolate try the Brownie Point!

Afters has branches in Tooting, Croydon, Walthamstow, Leyton, Ilford and Green Street.


Atmosphere  9/10

Service           9/10

Food               10/10

Chocolatesushi Rating 9/10

Nabs 12/08/13

Afters Tooting on Urbanspoon

1 comment:


  1. The blogs are really appreciable and one can trust the knowledge and information provided in the writing.
    The article you do produce on a weekly base really the best. I have found a similar
    website Pure Gelato Sydney visit the site to know more about Pure Gelato.

    ReplyDelete