Sunday 13 March 2016

"I wish I was a dancer, tracing with my feet the lines of Butlers' menu"

Sammii here!

I have recently been lavishing myself far too much (by accident- long story cut short, I thought that this experience would be free but it wasn't!) I went for a spot of afternoon tea with my girls. Tea and catching up just go hand in hand!

The Venue? 
Butler's at the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel.

Price? 
£36.50 per person.

The venue being in the heart of Mayfair fell nothing short from what you might expect. Doormen stood in the entrance ready to meet and greet you as you arrive. High ceiling, luxurious furniture, it is a place you imagine the queen dining in. A place where you go to treat yourself for a one off occasion. It looked like people dining here had those exact thoughts, as there were choirs of "Happy Birthday to you" that went off more than 5 times. There were a group of women who looked like they were celebrating a baby shower. 

We were seated in an area that had a conservatory/green house feeling, of course feeling like I was sat in the conservatory of Mr Obama's own home! This place would be wonderful in the summer time as it had glass panels on the ceiling letting the weather shine through, though this being London and in the middle of February, it was glum weather all around. 
We all chose to go for the afernoontea package which came at £36.50 per person. Everything came with free refills, so it was kind of like a buffet style afternoon tea! 
Up first was this fizzy little drink, which was very refreshing and fun!
I went for the Chesterfield Afternoon Tea blend, which was full of flavour with hints of spice in it. 
The Sandwich Selection: 
  • Honey roast ham with Cheddar cheese and tomato chutney on onion bread.
  • Roast chicken with grain mustard mayonnaise and nibbed almonds on white bread.
  • Scottish smoked salmon with cream cheese on brown bread.
  • Free range egg mayonnaise and watercress on basil bread.
  • Cucumber and cream cheese on white bread.
My favourite one was the roast chicken with grain mustard mayonnaise and nibbed almonds on white bread, the picture of it is below. It was the most softest bread and the almonds were a nice touch to it as your typical chicken mayo sandwich would not have it!

In fact they were so good that when they came to refill our sandwiches we only asked for the chicken one!
My least favourite sandwich was the cucumber and cream cheese, just as I found the whole sandwich very dry and the bread was not as fresh as I expected it to be. 

The bread used for all the sandwiches were not very fresh, if I had to put a sell by date on them I would have said that they were to expire in 3 days, and they seemed like that had left the sandwiches out in the air for too long. 

The scones-
There were two scones presented which was the original scone and a chocolate one. I liked the original one the most, the chocolate one was ok and there was added chocolate chips in the scones which made it a nice little treat biting into one. The downside again to these scones were that they were not 5 star fresh. 
Golden egg I choose you!
This was a white chocolate egg, that I found very sweet, I didn't finish the whole thing off. 
This oompa loompa cupcake was also very dry, like it had been made 3 days ago!

My favourite from the sweets was this blueberry macaroon. It tasted how it looks! 

Towards the end of our afternoon tea, a member of staff dressed as willy wonka came over and told each of us to pick out a golden envelope from his hat, the envelope was sealed and the next time if we were to come here they would open the envelope and there would be a prize inside. For example free afternoon tea, a percentage off etc. 

My friend already had a golden envelope from the last time she had come here, which gave us 10% off this time round, unfortunately this was not taken off our bill and we had to remind the staff to take it off. 

We could take away the things we had left and more in a box. Though when I say more, they were not very generous with it! 

All in all I would not return back here. The food was disappointing and not fresh, and not worth the price. 

Atmosphere- 10/10
Service- 9/10
Food- 4/10

Chocolate Sushi Rating- 5/10
Butlers - The Chesterfield Mayfair Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment