Sunday 13 March 2016

Candle Lit Dinner @ Amici Miei

Sammii here!

So a month ago it was a Sunday and a Valentines day! I went on my first Valentine's day dinner :) I know how Valentine's day can be an advertising money spending trap kind of day, buuut it still feels nice when your man can go out of his way to spoil you for the day! 

I am defiantly not the type to have an extravagant full on cheesey Valentine's day however, and I was quite scared that everywhere that weekend would be a full on IT'S-VALENTINE'S-DAY-BE-ROMANTIC-PRESSURE-IS-ON-YOU, so I was very happy that this little restaurant in Shoreditch was not full on in your face! It was discreetly decorated for the day with a rose in the middle of the table and a Valentine's day menu. 

My other half and I both opted to go for the Valentine's day menu, as we both are lazy to look and choose through the complete menu lol!

The menu was priced at £31 per person which included a starter, mains, dessert and a glass of prosecco. It gave you different options to choose for each course, but this is what I choose for my set Valentine's day dinner, 
Starter: Capesante In Salsa Pesto- Scallops and Pesto.
I thoroughly enjoyed this starter, it was very simple and light!
Mains: Gnocchi Al Tartufo Nero E Porcini- Black Truffle and Porcini Gnocchi.
This dish had a very chesnut-ty wooden taste. I think that it could have done with a bit more flavour as I felt as though the taste was watered down. 
Dessert: Strawberry Tiramisu. 
The star of the show always ends with dessert. This red curtain came in the form of red strawberries!
It was a delightful end to the meal and it was a very hearty size! We were both struggling to finish this dessert! It was very creamy!

I was happily fed and accompanied by a very fine guy sitting across the table from me with a very nice shirt on, nothing could have gone wrong that day! :)

Atmosphere- 10/10
Service- 10/10
Food- 7/10

Chocolate Sushi Rating- 8/10

Amici Miei Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment