Monday 8 December 2014

Seoul Bakery


by Sammii
The first thing you will notice when stepping into this small cosy Korean Restaurant is that the walls are covered with post-it notes! These post-its are written by customers-its pretty much toilet graffiti except that its on pretty colourful post-its! 
                     pic name pic name
The place it self is very small, the whole restaurant only seats 13 people! One a table of 6, one a table of 4 and the other is table against the wall which seats 3. Its no wonder me and my friends waited 20 minutes on a Saturday afternoon to get seated! And indeed, it was no disappointment!

Seoul Bakery is 2 minutes walk away from Tottenham Court Road Underground station. It is one among a row of Korean restaurants on this street. 

Ok. Lets quit the small talk! Bring out the starters! 
[Left: Beef Boulgi Ghimbap £3.50, Right: Vegetable Ghimbap £2.50]
[Vegetable Pancake £6.50]
The food was oh so fresh! The rice in the Ghimbap was so soft and you could tell it was made straight out of the rice cooker as the rice was still warm! The pancake was just the right texture, crispy on the outside and a good amount of vegetable on the inside. I can fault nothing with these starters! It was cute and had a home made mummy's cooking feeling. I am feeling snug just thinking back at it ^^

Belly's all warmed up our main courses came out in good time. 
[Beef Bulgogi Bibimbap £4.50]
This was the main dish which I ordered.

My verdict is that I loved it! I glimpsed over at what the couple next to us ordered and asked what the guy had- the taste was as yummy as it looked! I was pleased to be a nosey one! Again everything was so fresh, I particularly liked the beef.... It was so perfect, perfectly flavoured and was the added ribbon to this dish. 
[Dumpling Topokki £5.50]
My friend was displeased at the size of her main dish, and I think this dish would do for a side rather than the main. I tried out a topokki piece and felt like I was robbing my friend of a quarter of her dish! The piece I did try however was all dandy! :)
[Topokki & Noodles £5.50]
Another of my friends that had this dish commented that "it was full of flavour and not too heavy which is perfect after being out all day in the cold."

I will definatly be revisiting this place again. The food was in the words of myself: "soooooooo good!" It tasted great without the feeling you would get when you just ate a  big greasy pizza. It was cooked fresh and the food was one that warmed my heart. 

Another thing I would comment on however was the service, our waitress did not crack a smile! I think it was a kind of i'm-just-here-to-serve-food kind of service. Any way I like you cause you're quick and you serve me great food! I can let this one slide...

Atmosphere 9/10
Service 7/10
Food 10/10
Chocolate Sushi Rating 9/10


Seoul Bakery on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Simple and nice info about different flavors of pizzas. For more info about different pizzas in Wandsworth visit
    Wood Fired Pizza Restaurant Wandsworth

    ReplyDelete