Friday 14 December 2012

Sushi and Chocolate In One Day! :D

On a cold winters afternoon date with my friend, we decided to venture to Eat Tokyo, a friend of hers had recommended it as a very authentic Japanese restaurant with affordable prices. My sushi loving self just had to give my taste buds an early Christmas tease! 

Eat Tokyo has 5 branches within the U.K, all located in London. This particular branch we went to was the Trafalgar Square branch, just 2 minutes walk away from  Piccadilly Circus tube station! For a place that is located in the heart of London, the street that it was on was relatively deserted. When we stepped into the warmth of the restaurant however, the place was full of people! 



We were greeted by an oriental lady wearing a cute kimono, a nice little touch to add to the Japanese vibe! All the waitresses were wearing kimono's and the waiters were wearing smart black waist coats. One thing I did notice that did look a bit odd however, is that one of the waitresses was wearing trainers with her kimono!! Lol! XD Don't think I didn't spot you lady! Where were your sandals?! 

We were told to sit down and wait in the seating area as all the tables were full, and after about 8 minutes we were shown to our table and given our menus.


And oh boy,  was there A LOT to choose from! The menu ranged from sushi sets, sushi rolls, tempura, dumplings, rice to noodle dishes, bento boxes, salads, meats. I was honestly spoilt for choice! All the prices were very decent, for £15 I would say you will be walking out a very satisfied and happy person! After 20 minutes of deciding what to get, I settled for Chirashi-Don (Assorted Sashimi on Sushi Rice) and a sushi roll to share with my friend. 

The waitress poured us green tea while we were choosing what to order
Green Tea £2.40pp
Chirashi-Don (Assorted Sashimi on Sushi Rice) £9.50

20 minutes after ordering, my Chirashi-Don arrived. My friend's dish arrived 10 minutes before mine, it was a shame they didn't arrive around the same time. My disappointment evaporated however when my colourful assortment of sashimi dish arrived. Lovely presentation, plus super healthy! The dish was a very large portion, made with fresh ingredients, even I could not finish the whole bowl. I left a third of it, being too stuffed to continue. 

Miso Soup

Most of the noodle and rice dishes came with miso soup. The soup was at a perfect temperature, hot but not scalding. They used fried tofu strips instead of the usual cubed silken tofu. The hot soup was the perfect compliment to our meal!

Unagi and Avocado Roll £6.50

Our sushi roll arrived not long after my Chirashi-Don, equipped with ginger pieces and wasabi. The sushi rice was super soft and fluffy to taste, it was gorgeous! The rice could have done with a bit more flavor but that didn't bother me too much. Like with my Chirashi-Don you could tell that the sushi roll was made from fresh ingredients. It was pure delight!

I loved that the food in Eat Tokyo was so fresh, my meal made for a very light lunch; light as in the food was very healthy and natural, I didn't feel like a greasy pig afterwards. Next time I may feed the devil on my shoulder and opt in for a cheeky bit of tempura :) I say next time because I will definitely be visiting this restaurant again! There were a lot of things on the menu  to try out. 

With its relaxed atmosphere, affordable fresh dishes and okay service I will be looking forward to my next visit to Eat Tokyo!

Where was the chocolate involved on this day you may be thinking... ^^ This came later on in the form of a free sample at Godiva Chocolate shop along oxford street, but that is a different story... b-e-a-utiful! My taste buds were well and truly satisfied that day!


Atmosphere    8/10

Food                9/10

Service            8/10

Chocolatesushi Rating 8/10  


Sammii 13/12/12

No comments:

Post a Comment